1988 BMW M6 For Sale
I’m happy to present this very nice, known history, 1988 BMW M6. Low miles, a manual transmission, excellent condition, a long time owner and service by the same shop since 1991 make this a special car. Buy it before we list it on Bring a Trailer. Price: $36,000
Contact Dave Tobin at Collector Car Consultants, LLC
Office Ph: 612-567-02 three four
Mobile Ph: 651-216-12 six five
Interior: Silver leather
67,100 original miles
Mostly original paint (paint meter diagram in photo set)
– Same owner since 1991 – acquired from second owner with approximately 29,700 miles.
– Serviced by the same shop since current owner’s acquisition, service records from 1991 – May 2017.
Extremely good condition, inside and out. Front seats ALWAYS covered with sheepskin covers, excellent original leather, even the driver’s side bolster. Runs and drives beautifully. Steering and suspension are tight, transmission shifts up and down through the gears smoothly. Fly in, drive home.
See almost 100 photos of this car in a Flickr album. (and scroll down for more photos)
Carfax shows an accident in 2001 – Owner since 1991 says it has NEVER been in an accident and has disputed the accident with Carfax, she has visited the state police, they have no record of an accident, there has never been an insurance claim on the car, same insurance coverage since 1991.
Much recent service (May 2017) total: $1,766
Complete cooling system service:
– R & I radiator, send out for clean and test
– Blow out A/C condenser
– Replace thermostat
– Replace water pump
– Replace all belts
– Replace coolant level sensor
– Vacuum bleed and fill w/ antifreeze
60k mile service
– Check valve clearance, al found in spec.
– Replace spark plugs
– Inspect dist. Cap / rotor – look good
– Scope test, check plug wires
– Replace fuel filter
– Change transmission oil
– Change rear axle oil
– Rotated / balance tires
– Leather separation from dash vents – center / passenger’s side
– Cruise control inoperative – $439.88*
– A/C does not blow cold and should be converted to R134 – $496.33*
*Estimates for this work have been provided by the shop that has maintained this car for more than 25 years – Contact Dave.